Negotiate Like A Pro
Negotiate Like A Pro
In this course we look at the best ways to negotiate a successful outcome to internal or external negotiations. Remember that if a contract can be defined as a legally enforceable voluntary agreement between two or more parties then the negotiation is the process that leads up to the creation of the contract. The program also examines common tactics used in negotiations and how to overcome common mistakes made in negotiations, and link them to the different stages of the lifecycle of a contract. Upon completion of the course attendees will be able to:
- Recognise the different strategies and tactics that you, and the other party, can use in negotiating.
- Negotiate longer lasting and more mutually satisfying contracts, variations, renewals & internal agreements.
- Negotiate more successfully with face to face or non‐ face to face, inside and outside the organisation, including suppliers, customers, stakeholders etc.
- Describe possible legal problems that can occur in a negotiation.
- Background to the negotiation
- Key Fisher and Ury’s ‘Getting to Yes’ tips and traps
- The different negotiation styles and phases
- Bargaining power and the outsourcing lifecycle
- the IACCM ‘Top Terms in Negotiation Report’
- Common problems faced by inexperienced negotiators
- Common mistakes in the different negotiation phases
- Action Planning
Cyril practiced as a solicitor, accountant, business consultant and financial controller in diverse industries throughout his 30 + year career. His advice has been sought in the creation, costing/pricing, execution, management and litigation of many commercial contracts. Cyril has over 20 years experience as a forensic accountant and expert witness where he investigated and acted as an expert witness in the litigation of many commercial contracts, and saw the devastating effects of poorly created and managed contracts on organisations and their individuals. He has assisted the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association (ACLA) in their July 2012 Reforming Australian Contract Law submission to the Australian Government. Cyril is the Author of Manage Your Contracts.
DELIVERY AND DATES
This program is available for in house delivery. Don’t miss our early bird specials, book today.
Learn about our other programs: