Founded in 1865, with approximately 6,500 staff, around $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
Queensland Rail aims to be a world class customer-centric railway, while maintaining safe and reliable services across our network.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About this Role
Working with the Company Secretary and the Queensland Rail Board, our Assistant Company Secretary plays an integral role within our Finance and Corporate Services team. Typically, you will be responsible for administering effective corporate governance practices and protocols concerning the operation of the board and committee meetings ensuring all business matters, transactions and dealings with responsible Ministers are managed and implemented as directed by the Board.
You can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Ensure Queensland Rail's ongoing compliance with the Queensland Rail Transit Authority Act, Corporations Act and all other relevant legislative requirements and regulations.
- Provide corporate governance input into preparation of the Operational and Strategic Plan, Audited Financial Statements and Annual Report
- Provide expert advice on corporate governance matters to the Chair, Board and wider organisation, including the development of corporate governance policies, charters and the delegations framework.
On an enterprise-wide level, you will enjoy working relationships with Queensland Rail’s Directors, CEO and Executive Leadership Team, providing assistance on preparation of all reports and submissions for Board. You will also have the opportunity to utilise your leadership skills and provide direction and people management to the Company Secretary support team.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Extensive knowledge of the Queensland Rail Transit Authority Act, Corporations Act and other legislation and regulations relevant to Queensland Rail's corporate governance and compliance
- High level of knowledge of corporate governance requirements, protocols and processes
- High level of skill in preparing minutes, agendas, notices and associated correspondence for Board of Director's and subsidiary meetings.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in a similar role, ideally within a large organisation or government owned corporation. You will be skilled in the application of contemporary corporate governance strategies and methodologies and demonstrate knowledge of board related protocols and processes. Interpersonally, you will have a natural relationship-building ability, strong communication skills and be accustomed to dealing at an executive level.
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Apply to position number 34228 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9:00am, Tuesday 30th June 2020. For more information please call Kristy on (07) 3072 1577 (or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.