Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
We are looking for an experienced Travel Marketing Manager to join our Queensland Rail Travel team based in Brisbane on a permanent full-time basis. At Queensland Rail Travel, we strive to deliver a sought after long-distance travel experience and incredible tourism adventures. In this role you will be responsible for designing, delivering and maintaining best-practice customer content and marketing that will drive sales and patronage growth, reputation and brand awareness. A key focus will be leading the development of digital engagement strategy for Queensland Rail Travel.
Your previous digital marketing and customer engagement experience coupled with your strong leadership skills to lead a team of 6 will be paramount to your success in this position. You will also be a highly organised and motivated individual, who is an exceptional communicator, adaptable, enjoys change and has outstanding stakeholder engagement skills.
About the role:
• Develop and deliver digital marketing campaigns and oversee digital communications
• Provide leadership in the design and development of content including the maintenance, development and activation of content on digital and social media channels as well as in print formats
• Plan and coordinate content in collaboration with key internal and industry stakeholders, often using latest research and commercial analysis to drive growth
• Produce and edit content in line with stakeholder needs, research and benchmarking and report on digital engagement metrics and content performance to ensure Queensland Rail’s marketing and social media channels are aligned to best practice and delivering reputational benefit for the business
• Create efficient, effective communication strategies for digital and onboard channels to promote or manage products and services changes
• Build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders and work collaboratively to develop content that is fit for channel, relevant to the audience and drive results ensuring content published delivers a consistent, seamless on brand experience for Travel and Tourism customers
• High level of skill in developing marketing and communications content that supports each stage in the support lifecycle: awareness, acquisition, onboarding, conversion, engagement and re-engagement
• High level of skill to lead the development, implementation and governance of digital content strategy including the ability to pitch editorial and other content ideas
• High level of skill in digital commercial, production, development and/or digital delivery experience in a range of industry sectors, preferably with transportation at its core
• High level of skill in written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to find, interpret and accurately present information to support storytelling in digital channels including web content, social medica channels and email communications
• High level of skill to develop optimised web content, with good knowledge of social media metrics, analytical tools and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in a Communications related field is highly desirable
This is a permanent full-time position with a salary of $123,515 + superannuation + free travel to and from work on duty days.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Marketing Manager (1735) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm 7th of October 2021.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Tanya Anderson with your specific enquiry on (07) 3072 0806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.