Events Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Randwick City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Innovative and vibrant eastern suburbs Council
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Generous investment in professional development
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. Our Cultural Events and Venues department plays a key role in the identity and life of our community, and we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Events Officer to join the team.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity which will see the successful applicant working with the strong team to coordinate and deliver Council’s calendar of diverse community events. We are looking for candidates with the right mix of creativity and event management skills who enjoy the challenge of working in a busy environment.
If successful you will be responsible for identifying creative entertainment options, sourcing quotes, developing production and schedule documents, budget tracking, communication plans, and running the event. Additionally, you will be required to write reports, event marketing collateral and other communication materials, as required, for events promotion, Council reports and briefing notes.
We are seeking interest from candidates that who are suitably experienced with events logistics and coordination but also has the ability to be innovative and think outside the box. You will need strong communication skills and a commitment for teamwork as well as the ability to work independently.
To be considered for this position your application must address how you meet this essential criteria:
- Certificate IV in Event Management or a relevant field and/or relevant demonstrated experience in event management.
- Proven experience in staging community events and the sourcing of appropriate venues, performers, and different forms of entertainment.
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability in developing, coordinating and evaluating community events.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills and the ability to write for all mediums.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with demonstrated experience in project management and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills in a range of business software.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to approach problem solving in a flexible and resourceful manner.
- Ability to work core hours, after hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Demonstrated commitment to EEO, WHS and the principles for a culturally diverse society.
- Class C drivers licence.
Further information: Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Katie Anderson, Manager Cultural Events and Venues, on 02 9093 6856.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description.
Closing date: Wednesday 26 July 2017
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jul 2017
- NSW - Randwick
- $77,203.39 - $84,934.71 pa + 9.5% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time