Community Consultation Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Randwick City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Community Consultation Officer
- Be part of a proactive and high-performing Council
- Part-time role
- Diverse and interesting projects
Position Number: 2018/00009
Salary: $81,362 to $89,494 pro rata + 9.5% super
Permanent Part-time – 39 hours per fortnight
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. We are seeking an experienced Consultation Officer to join our dynamic Communications team.
This role will be responsible for consulting with our local community using a mix of traditional digital channels. The successful candidate will be a confident and energetic person, passionate about the principles of community participation and dedicated to developing and implementing strategies that involve the community in Council’s decision-making processes.
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, social sciences or a related discipline with extensive experience in related positions.
- Demonstrated understanding of effective community consultation planning and engagement principles.
- Strong digital literacy with the ability to use a range of programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point & Outlook as well as online electronic direct mail platforms and website content management systems (CMS).
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications and presentation skills including experience in public speaking.
- Excellent organisational skills including time management and demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated commitment to EEO, WH&S and the principles for a culturally diverse society and a commitment to ethics, probity and transparency in decision making.
- Class C motor vehicle license.
Further Information: Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Josh Hay, Manager Communications, on 02 9093 6820.
Applicants must include a one page statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
Closing Date: Wednesday 17 January 2018
- Closing Date:
- 17 Jan 2018
- NSW - Randwick
- $81,362 to $89,494 pro rata + 9.5% super
- Work Type:
- Part Time