Administration Assistant Events - [Archived Advertisement]
Randwick City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Administration Assistant Events
Position Number: F2018/000052
Permanent full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: $70,046 - $77,061 (Grade 12) plus 9.5% superannuation
- Vibrant eastern suburbs location
- Supportive of work/life balance with a 9 day fortnight
- Strong commitment to training and professional development
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. Our Cultural Events and Venues department plays a key role in the identity and life of our community, and we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Administration Assistant to join the Events team.
This role will see the successful candidate assist in the planning and running of a range of diverse community events. Duties include assisting in developing and implementing running schedules, event timetables and logistics of event management and sourcing appropriate quotations, venues, performers and forms of entertainment.
The Administration Assistant Events is also responsible for carrying out a range of administrative support duties for the Events team including maintaining databases and registers and the preparation of standard memos, publications, reports, speech notes, business reports and correspondence to Council meetings, Committees, Councillors, staff and the community.
To be considered for this unique opportunity you will need to meet the following essential criteria:
- Relevant qualifications (year 12 certificate minimum) or experience in administration duties.
- Demonstrated advanced computer literacy and understanding of computerised applications (including word processing, spread sheets, databases etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to organise workloads, effectively manage and perform a number of concurrent tasks.
- Demonstrated good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent quality customer services.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment under tight time constraints, to achieve departmental and organisational goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to EEO, WHS and the principles for a culturally diverse society.
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence.
- Ability and willingness to assist with the bump-in and bump-out of events, which may include lifting heavy and unusual sized items on a regular basis in accordance with WHS policies.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays.
Further information: Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the full position description below or contact Maria Parras, Supervisor Events, on 02 9093 6792.
Applicants must include a one page statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 January 2018.
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2018
- NSW - Randwick
- $70,046 - $77,061 p.a. + 9.5% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time