Information Management Team Leader - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
First listed on: 16 February 2017
Information Management Team Leader
- $115,588 pa + Superannuation
- Full time, permanent opportunity
- Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
- Sydney CBD location
The City of Sydney is one of Australia’s most progressive and sustainable local government authorities, based at Town Hall House in the Sydney CBD.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated information management professional to lead the Information Management team in providing professional services and advice so that effective information and records management practice in business units is developed, supported and monitored.
The role also provides senior expertise to administer, operate and support the City’s corporate recordkeeping systems. The Information Management team supports HP Records Manager, and provides guidance on information and recordkeeping requirements in City business information systems and cloud services.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing authoritative advice to the City on best practice information and records management and its implementation in a digital business environment
- Managing the information and recordkeeping compliance program to ensure the City maintains appropriate records to meet business, legal and community obligations
- Promoting and facilitating the change process of transitioning to fully digital information and records management in all system and business environments
- Leading and managing activity associated with the administration and client support for City records management systems
- Leading and managing activity associated with the system administration, standards, education and monitoring of data quality for the City’s major customer name and address database.
To be successful you will have:
- Significant demonstrated experience in senior roles, developing and/or implementing information and records management programs.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Management or related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience gained by practical application over a sustained period of time.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of information management and recordkeeping principles, practices and issues across multiple aspects of the discipline, and standing as a recognised authority on information and recordkeeping issues in systems, services and policy.
- The ability to communicate and work with City managers, teams, and external parties in a professional manner and in a constructive and collaborative team environment.
- A proven track record in initiating, implementing and successfully completing major information management projects
- The ability to lead and manage a team comprising system administrators, information analysts and support staff to deliver quality records management services.
- Detailed knowledge of the standards and guidance to agencies under the NSW State Records Act 1998 and experience in establishing procedure, processes and training to assist in organisational compliance with those standards.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of requirements analysis and experience developing workable solutions
Applications must address the key selection criteria stated in the position description below and be made online via this website by Wednesday, 1 March 2017.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and encourage applications from diverse cultures and people with disabilities.
- Closing Date:
- 01 Mar 2017
- NSW - Sydney
- $115,588 pa + Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time