City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Division: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICE
Unit: RESEARCH STRATEGY & CORP
Section: ECONOMIC STRATEGY
Salary: AUD 11,810 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for part time position)
Employment status: Casual (4 positions)
Employment arrangement: Part time
Location: Sydney CBD
The City of Sydney is spectacular and world-renowned.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build knowledge and experience by working within one of the most vibrant cities in the world.
We have four paid Intern opportunities available at the City of Sydney - Strategy and Urban Analytics area. The City is seeking international students from a Communications, Social Inquiry, Business, Economics, International Studies or Law background. Students can be penultimate/final year, Undergraduate or Postgraduate.
This is an excellent opportunity to utilise skills learned in your degree in a professional working environment.
The skills/qualities required for the role are:
• Currently undertaking an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Communications, Social Inquiry, Business, Economics, International Studies, Law or a related discipline;
• Sound research skills including the ability to gather and analyse data;
• Good level of written and oral English communication skills;
• Good organisational and time management skills, including the capacity to work with limited ongoing supervision and meet deadlines;
• Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Occupational Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles;
• Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to solve problems and use initiative are desirable.
Interested candidates must be a current international student and must attach a copy of your Student Visa. A formal interview process at the City of Sydney will form part of the selection process for this position.
Length of placement - 12 weeks - one day per week. Successful applicant to commence in the month of April 2018 till the end of June 2018.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by Sunday, 25 February 2018.
For further information contact: Anouschka Inglis, Economic Strategy Advisor on 02 92885869.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 25 Feb 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 11,810 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type: