Manager Information Management - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Information Management
Division: Workforce and Information Services
Unit: Data and Information Management
Section: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Salary: AUD 157,090.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney, one of Australia's premier Councils, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic professional to join our Data and Information Management Services Unit.
In this role you will be working closely with the Chief, Data and Information Management and managers of other business units. You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of new information management approaches, tools, and practices to build organisational capability and integrate all aspects of information governance and management into processes, projects, and systems.
- Advocacy for, and active participation in, service and business improvement projects to embed 'digital first' and recordkeeping, privacy, access, information security, and archives by design.
- Managing the creation and review of policies, procedures, and standards to support business needs and the City's compliance with legislation, in particular, the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) and the State Records Act 1998 (NSW).
- Establishing and managing the City's Information Security Management System (ISMS) to protect priority information assets in line with legislative and policy obligations.
- Overseeing programs to periodically audit compliance with policies and standards and to provide assurance services to the City and external parties that their information provides sufficient evidence of business and is appropriately protected and managed.
- Overseeing the delivery of high quality operational services to assist business areas, including those related to: information access; open data; information and records management; archives management; correspondence management, and the key corporate systems that support these functions.
- Initiating and leading projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the above key operational services areas.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in information management or a related discipline.
- Significant demonstrated working experience and a proven track record of achievement as a manager in all facets of information management.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and project management skills.
- Proven ability to work flexibly, constructively, and collaboratively other managers and staff, at all levels within the organisation.
- Highly developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service and quality services and products.
- Comprehensive understanding of contemporary information management issues and strategies
- Knowledge of the requirements of government and industry information standards and legislation and proven ability in interpreting and implementing these through relevant policies and procedures.
- Solid understanding of technologies and systems to support business information management.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work, Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger - delivering great things for our city's dynamic future
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a pre-employment health declaration and criminal check.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by Sunday, 20 May 2018.
For further information contact: Mark Goleby, Chief Data and Information Management on 02 92659027.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 18 May 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 157,090.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Full Time