City Ranger - Talent Pool
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
City Ranger - Talent Pool
Division: CITY SERVICES
Unit: CITY RANGERS
Salary: $59,051 per annum + Superannuation + shift allowance (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Term Contract/ Permanent (Talent Pool)
Employment arrangement: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
The City of Sydney, one of Australia's premier Councils, has several exciting opportunities available in the City Rangers team. We believe our people are our success, strengthen our organisation and position us to lead, govern and serve our community enabling us to achieve all we plan for this spectacular city.
The City is seeking mature minded, customer centric, self-motivated people to join the City Rangers team to promote fair and equitable parking within the City of Sydney through patrolling of the roads, parks and other areas where our community gathers.
The role of City Ranger involves:
Patrolling allocated sectors and beats and issuing penalty notices for breaches of the parking legislation and other legislation under which they are authorised to act;
- Assisting members of the public with their day to day enquiries as a representative of the City of Sydney;
- Performing all duties efficiently and effectively to achieve the City Ranger unit goals and objectives;
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in a customer service role
- Resilience and the ability to cope in stressful situations
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
- A current NSW recognised Drivers Licence;
- Experience or knowledge of on-street parking or local government ordinance activities would be an advantage.
Applicants not initially offered a role but have been assessed through the recruitment process as being suitable will be placed in the Talent Pool to fill future ongoing or temporary vacancies as they arise. Placement in the Talent Pool remains valid for 12 months.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by Sunday, 3rd June 2018.
For further information contact: Daniel Ninness, Operations Coordinator on 02 92659039.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 01 Jun 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- $59,051 per annum + Superannuation + shift allowance (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type: