Senior Urban Designer
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Urban Designer
Division: CITY PLANNING, DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSPORT
Unit: STRATEGIC PLANNING AND URBAN DESIGN
Section: URBAN DESIGN
Salary: AUD 118,304.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Term Contract up to 30 December 2020
Employment arrangement: Full-Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney is one of the world's most spectacular cities. Every year, another $3 billion pours into its evolution. We are guided by our Sustainable Sydney 2030 strategy and have ambitious goals in transforming Sydney.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated senior urban designer to join our Strategic Planning and Urban Design Unit.
In this role you will contribute urban design expertise to the development of both urban design strategy and controls, and coordinate the preparation of standards, policies and strategies to achieve high quality, cohesive public domain and urban design projects for the City of Sydney.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Urban Design, Architecture or Urban Planning
- extensive experience in land use planning, significant public domain or landscaping projects, working with multi-disciplinary teams, and involvement in urban planning processes
- proven design skill and experience in reviewing and providing urban design assessment of development applications, from minor applications to complex, multi-million dollar proposals
- ability to produce high quality outcomes within established timeframes
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger - delivering great things for our city's dynamic future
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume, cover letter and respond to the questions (100 - 300 words) as stated in the online application form that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Sunday 22 July 2018.
For further information contact: Peter John Cantrill, Program Manager - Urban Design on 02 9265 9240.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Jul 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 118,304.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
Architecture, Design & Planning