Part Time Child Care Worker (untrained) - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Part Time Child Care Worker (untrained)
Division: CITY LIFE
Unit: SOCIAL PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Section: CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
Salary: AUD 31,480.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the part time position)
Employment status: Term Contract up to 5 August 2019
Employment arrangement: Part Time (25 hours per week) - Parental leave replacement and
The City of Sydney is committed to creating a family friendly environment. Families with children can choose from a wide range of Council, Government, private and community services including childcare, preschools, playgroups, after school care, school holiday care and schools.
The City is a major provider of child care and we are seeking a qualified and experienced early childhood education and care professional to work in our approved services.
We operate the following 4 services:
- Hilda Booler Kindergarten (Glebe)
- Broughton St Kindergarten (Glebe)
- Alexandria Child Care Centre
- Redfern Occasional Care Centre
The current vacancy is located at Redfern Occasional Care however staff appointed to this position are required to accept transfers to work in any location as part of staff rotations if needed.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Certificate III in Children's Services or approved equivalent, (please refer to the ACECQA website for information on approved equivalent qualifications)
- experience working in an early childhood education and care setting
- experience and good understanding of educational programs for children under the age of 5 years that reflect the principles, practices and learning outcomes outlined in the Early Years Learning Framework
- a current Working with Children Check Certification
- a current first aid certificate (please refer to the ACECQA website for a full list of approved First Aid qualifications).
Compliance with child protection legislation is essential.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Previous candidates need not apply.
This role will require a pre-employment medical examination, national criminal check and Working With Children Check.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Sunday 28 October 2018.
For further information contact: Catherine Avero, Early Childhood Services Coordinator on 02 9246 7886.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Oct 2018
- NSW - Sydney
- Up to AU$31480 per annum
- Work Type: