Senior Public Domain Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Public Domain Coordinator
Division: CITY SERVICES
Unit: CITY INFRASTRUCTURE & TRAFFIC OPERATIONS
Section: PUBLIC DOMAIN
Salary: AUD 104,985.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney is undergoing major change with the unprecedented redevelopment of several urban renewal areas. This includes the construction of new public domain areas involving roads, footways, drainage, water sensitive urban design, lighting, plazas, parks and landscaping by developers, as former industrial areas are converted to new residential and commercial communities.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated and results-driven Senior Public Domain Coordinator to oversee the development assessment and construction of these public infrastructure improvements to ensure that new assets delivered in the City are of the highest quality. This is an opportunity to shape Australia's premier city!
The role will involve a balance of office and site-based work and will include:
- review, negotiation and approval of submissions for large-scale public domain, civil and infrastructure works
- review of construction works against approved plans to ensure compliance
- ability to think on your feet to identify and solve problems
- working with colleagues and external parties to ensure public domain outcomes meet the City's and the community's expectations.
Further details are available in the position description.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as civil or stormwater engineering, landscape architecture, architecture, project management or equivalent relevant experience
- exceptional interpersonal and conflict management skills
- demonstrated time management skills and can routinely meet tight deadlines, and deal with conflicting priorities
- highly developed attention to detail, with clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Tuesday 19 March 2019.
For further information contact: Pam Urquhart, Public Domain Manager on 02 9265 9557.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Mar 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 104,985.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Architecture, Design & Planning