City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Division: CITY SERVICES
Unit: CITY INFRASTRUCTURE & TRAFFIC OPERATIONS
Section: INFRASTRUCTURE MAINTENANCE
Salary: AUD 58,888 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Inner Sydney
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
We are looking for an energetic, customer-focused Carpenter with a good understanding of infrastructure maintenance to join our dynamic team.
The position involves fieldwork in a range of activities related to repair and maintenance of council's civil infrastructure and street furniture assets.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- to be a qualified tradesperson and possess a certificate III in Carpentry or relevant trade
- experience in planning and managing asset maintenance
- experience in managing a safe working environment, including experience in onsite risk assessment and control of identified hazards, Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) compliance and site traffic control
- to hold a current NSW C class licence and be willing to obtain an MR class licence within the first six months of employment and subsequently drive fleet vehicles when required or directed
- to have a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
You must also have proven time management skills, ability to prioritise, deal with conflicting issues and meet deadlines. The ability to deliver high quality customer service and to promote a professional image to customers is essential.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a pre-employment health assessment.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Monday 22 April 2019.
For further information contact: Paul Smithson, Operations Manager Infrastructure Maintenance on 02 8019 6934.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Apr 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 58,888 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Full Time