Compliance Officer - Shift - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Compliance Officer - Shift
Division: PLANNING DEVELOPMENT & TRANSPORT
Unit: HEALTH & BUILDING
Section: AREA - CENTRAL
Salary: AUD 107,610 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Inner Sydney
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The City's night-time economy is an integral part of its commercial, cultural and social fabric. Late night trading premises are an important part of Sydney social and street life that contribute to Sydney's image as a Global City, and play an important role in the City's economic growth.
An exciting opportunity has become available to assist with the monitoring and compliance of the City's late night premises by providing advice on applications for licensed and late night trading premises, inspect, monitor, regulate and assess premises to ensure compliance with development consent, ensure healthy and safe buildings, and minimizing amenity issues for surrounding areas and residents.
To be successful you will have:
- appropriate tertiary qualifications in Health, Building, or equivalent, or extensive appropriate demonstrated experience
- demonstrated experience in seeking regulatory compliance with a broad range of unauthorised building uses and associated activities, in new and existing buildings
- knowledge of the Local Government Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, other relevant Acts and legislation, Building Code of Australia, Codes and Australian Standards as they relate to building assessment, compliance and enforcement
- availability to work flexible hours including weekend, early morning, and late night shifts.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal record background check and a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Sunday, 18 August 2019.
For further information contact: Andrew McMillan, Area Manager East, Health & Building on 02 9246 7816.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Aug 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 107,610 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time