City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Division: PLANNING DEV & TRANSPORT
Unit: HEALTH & BUILDING
Section: STANDARDS & POLICY
Salary: AUD $107,610 - $122,297 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Temporary up to 31 December 2022
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The City is seeking an experienced intelligence analyst as part of our investigations team to coordinate and undertake data development, analysis, interpretation and reporting that informs decision making, strategic planning and operational initiatives to achieve our regulatory objectives.
- Undertake extraction, analysis, interpretation and reporting of data from external and internal data sets to inform service delivery, resource allocation and performance measurement
- Use a range of technology, tools and resources, including social media, internet sites and advertisements to search and proactively identify breaches regulated by Council regarding public safety, health and amenity.
- Produce accurate written intelligence products which inform and support tactical, operational and strategic decision making.
- Undertake field work with staff as required such as site inspections of premises that are subject of investigation by Council.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Conduct intelligence briefings, presentations and meetings to influence decision making and inform stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the intelligence cycle and the ability to apply it to the issues faced by the City of Sydney.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria" Response field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a national criminal check and a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Tuesday 22 October 2019.
For further information contact: Russell Harrison, Investigative Specialist. Telephone, 92659915 or email .au.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Oct 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD $107,610 - $122,297 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
- Work Type:
- Full Time