Financial Accountant - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Division: CHIEF FINANCE OFFICE
Unit: FINANCIAL PLAN & REPORT
Section: FINANCIAL PLAN & REPORT
Salary: AUD 107,610.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney takes pride in its financial position and business operations, and is actively looking forward to define new methods of delivering high quality services and facilities to its community. The Financial Planning and Reporting Unit is focused upon ensuring the best possible performance across all business units of Council and requires high calibre professional to meet these demands.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant - Financial Analysis and Statutory Reporting, the Financial Accountant role will oversee the day to day operation of the financial accounting team with two direct reports. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Statutory Financial Reporting - Accurate and timely completion of the City's annual financial statements
- General ledger integrity - ensuring appropriate controls are in place to guarantee accuracy
- Statutory and Regulatory Compliance - including accurate and timely submission of Business Activity Statements and Fringe Benefits Tax Returns.
- Treasury Management - Daily monitoring of the City's investment portfolio
As this position will manage a minimum of two assistant accountants, people management experience is desirable.
To be successful in this role your will have:
- CPA / CA or equivalent professional accounting qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in Corporate based financial systems and the preparation/ maintenance of complex spreadsheets;
- Sound professional knowledge of GST and FBT legislation and experience in completion of related returns to the Australian Taxation Office;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of annual financial reports, including the management of detailed audit working papers and effective liaison with external audit teams;
- High level analytical/problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to research, develop, maintain and implement financial accounting policies and procedures;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Tuesday 12 November 2019.
For further information contact: Scott Mcgill, Senior Accoundtant on 02 9288 5927.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Nov 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AU$106610 - AU$107610 per annum
- Work Type:
- Full Time