Business Support Officer
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Business Support Officer
Division: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICE
Salary: AUD 81,696 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The City is seeking someone who can provide high quality executive support to the Manager - Strategy and Urban Analytics; Manager - Media and Manager - Marketing and Creative Services. You will also be responsible for business and administrative support to the wider City Communications team. In particular the role requires competence in Technology 1 and providing financial administration management.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to:
- Manage a very demanding and reactive workload for City Communications;
- Provide high quality and professional administrative assistance;
- Provide financial and budget administration including the creation and update of purchase orders
- Verifying and paying of approved invoices and creating and lodging financial reports and returns as necessary to meet the division's obligations and as required by the City's policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the division's activities including diary and email management where necessary;
- Assist and support the team with project research and investigation as well as maintaining process documentation;
- Assist in the development of business plans, business requirements and specifications;
- Be proficient in reporting administration.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate capability in:
- Strong organisational skills and time management skills;
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and databases;
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills; and
- Attention to detail.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a pre-employment health declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm on Friday 13 December 2019.
For further information contact: Tina Lonergan, Global City Marketing Manager on 9265 9598 or .au
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Dec 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- Up to AU$81696 per annum
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Business Analysis/Analytics