- Full time, fixed term until 30 December 2018 (part time negotiable)
- Carlton location
About the role
In this role, you will build and maintain strong working relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders and local government Environment Protection Officers (LGEPOs). You will work closely with team leaders and other operational staff to drive increased compliance, process improvement, consistency in decision making and reduction of risk in regulatory practice. The focus of your role will be to support delivery of the Local Government Environment Protection Officer (LGEPO) Pilot Program.
You will work across the unit with the Program Manager Local Government Pilot, the Quality Program Manager and the Quality team to align your work with existing frameworks and programs.
What you bring
- Bachelor Degree in relations qualification (desirbale)
- Working knowledge in quality and process improvement
- Working knowledge of quality systems, ISO:9001 and project management (desirable)
- Knowledge of statutory responsibilities and operations practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all levels
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills with the capacity to devise, deliver and monitor practical solutions
- Experience working with or for local government (highly desirable)
How to Apply
You should apply online and submit:
- a cover letter addressing your experience, motivations and suitability to the role;
- a resume; and
- a completed application form.
You are only required to address the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) listed in the Application Form. Attachments can be uploaded in either Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you would like further information on this role, please refer to the attached position description.
Please include the contact details of two referees with your application.
EPA Victoria requires all prospective employees to undergo a National Criminal Record Check prior to an employment offer being made.
If you require a copy of this advertisement or any attached documentation in an accessible format such as large print, please email the Resourcing Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 372 842.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are invited to contact the Resourcing Co-ordinator via email at email@example.com or by calling 1300 372 842 for advice and support with your application.
All applications will be treated confidentially. EPA Victoria is an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to merit, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We utilise merit-based selection. Therefore, you are not required to share personal information such as gender, age, culture etc. unless you so wish.
Please do not email your application.
For further information on Environment Protection Authority Victoria, please visit www.epa.vic.gov.au