- Permanent Full Time
- Attractive salary negotiated with the successful applicant
The City of Ballarat is seeking a highly skilled and enthusiastic Manager City Design and Redevelopment to lead an ambitious design agenda to lift the quality of the urban realm and new development in Ballarat, lead strategic thinking for redevelopment of major precincts across the city, and help deliver upon the long-term 20-year vision for a greener, more vibrant and connected Ballarat.
The successful applicant will demonstrate influential design leadership to enhance Ballarat’s built environment, and continue to build on its reputation as one of the world’s great historic regional cities.
- Demonstrated experience providing intelligent, visionary and innovative design leadership.
- Demonstrated people management experience including the ability to inspire a divers tea, collaborate, encourage innovation and reform, and create a positive team culture.
- Demonstrated high level of leadership, interpersonal, communication, consultation and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to articulate issues and influence outcomes.
- Teriary qualifications in an appropriate urban desgn discipline or approved equivalent professional qualification (e.g. Landscape Architecture or Architecture) and several years’ experience managing, designing and delivering relevant projects within or with Local Government.
- Demonstrated experience designing or managing quality urban design and redevelopment projects, including in heritage areas, coupled with a working knowledge of best practice public realm outcomes (a portfolio of relevant designs/projects should be submitted with the application).
- Working knowledge of key public design issues and emerging trends in urban development and land use planning.
- Proficiency in using visual graphics, both digital and hand.
- Demonstrated experience using computer software, including AutoCAD, Abode Creative Suite (illustrator and In Desgn) and SketchUp.
- Senior or middle management experience highly regarded.
- Experience with heritage and cultural landscape issues.
The closing date for this position is midnight Sunday 18 March 2018
For further information on the above position contact James Guy, Executive Manager Economic Partnerships on 5320 5857.
The City of Ballarat has a zero tolerance for child abuse and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and children with disability.