- Permanent, Full-time
- Salary between $98,525 to $109,103 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation
The City of Ballarat is seeking a highly skilled and enthusiastic Project Manager experienced in leading strategic planning and urban renewal projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity to:
- Deliver exciting, progressive and diverse strategic land use planning and urban renewal projects?
- Be part of a passionate, skilled and committed multidisciplinary team?
- Work in a vibrant, beautiful, growing historic regional city?
- Help create a greener, more liveable and connected Ballarat?
About the role
Ballarat has adopted an ambitious plan, the Ballarat Strategy, with a goal to achieve a greener, more vibrant and connected Ballarat.
As Project Manager Urban Renewal, you will be the responsible for projectmanagement and implementation of a range of transformational strategic planning and urban renewal projects.
The position will lead and deliver major complex land use planning projects, develop and implement policy, build collaborative working relationships within and external to the organisation and assist members of the team. Your track record in successful project management, collaborative work practices and partnership development will drive the delivery of outcome focused urban renewal projects.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban Planning, Urban Design or related discipline with several years’ experience in a senior strategic planning position. Experience working in local government is desirable.
- Proven ability to contribute to a positive work culture and work collaboratively and enthusiastically as part of a team, providing leadership and guidance to others as required, in a sensitive and confidential environment.
- Demonstrated success working in a multidisciplinary team environment to provide creative advice, guidance and direction on policy and land use challenges, and deliver integrated strategic land use planning and urban renewal projects.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated success in developing and maintaining cooperative working relationships across a broad range of private sector, public and community stakeholders.
- Experience planning and delivering successful and innovative stakeholder engagement and community consultation programs.
- In depth working knowledge of the Victoria Planning Provisions and the Planning and Environment Act 1987, in particular the ability to manage Planning Scheme Amendments, and write and review policy.
- Proven project and financial management experience with the ability to manage contracts and consultants, deliver projects on time and within budget and prioritise and manage a demanding day-to-day workload.
Please note this position was recently advertised as Senior Planner – Urban Renewal, previously applicants need not apply.
The closing date for this position is: midnight Sunday 19 August 2018
For further information on the above position, contact Lisa Kendal, Manager Strategic Planning, on (03)5320 5580
The City of Ballarat is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.