- Permanent, part-time (30 hours per week)
- Salary between $65,383 to $74,638 per annum pro rata plus 9.5% superannuation
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- We provide a family friendly, flexible work life balance
- Exciting opportunity to build your skills and experience
An outstanding opportunity exists for a confident, highly motivated and capable individual to provide executive support to the Director Development and Planning at City of Ballarat.
As the successful candidate, you will be a self starter with a high level administration background, able to demonstrate highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, take great pride in your organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritise in a high pressure environment along with your proven ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- To provide high level executive assistance to the Director including confidential support and day to day management of the Director’s needs in a busy and politically sensitive environment.
- To undertake research and analytical activities as requested to support the Council’s advocacy and lobbying activities relevant to the Director.
- To ensure the integrity and professionalism of the office of Development and Planninng is maintained always.
- To maintain strong relationships with all internal departments and external stakeholders and organisations which are vital to the overall effectiveness of the Office and the Council.
- To provide quality service to internal and external customers for the division
- The position aims to deliver administration services in a timely manner that meets the organisation’s requirements with a focus on continuous improvement and customer service.
- The ability to work as a cohesive team member.
Key Selection Critera:
- Extensive experience in a fast -paced office manager / administrative role dealing with complex customer service requirements.
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to undertake independent research and analysis on a range of issues.
- Extensive administrative skills including producing high quality documents, complex diary management, committee support and maintenance of electronic records.
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining office information systems and procedures.
- Experience in planning and executing events
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet strict deadlines and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.
This is a unique opportunity to showcase your skills and in turn you will be rewarded with variety in the role. We are flexible with the working hours and are open to negotiate individually with the successful candidate. We encourage applicants wishing to work school hours on a daily basis to apply.
This position closes midnight: Sunday 18 November 2018
For further information on this position please contact contact James Guy, Acting Director Development and Planning, on (03)5320 5857.
The City of Ballarat is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.