- Permanent, full-time
- Salary between $99,253 to $110,201 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Do you want to shape a vibrant city for the future?
Live in a thriving historical regional city?
Grow creative industries and infrastructure?
The City of Ballarat, 100km west of Melbourne’s CBD is the third largest city in Victoria and one of the fastest growing Councils in regional Australia. As a regional centre, the City of Ballarat has all the education, services, retail, entertainment and cultural opportunities you'd find in a capital city but with a unique historic landscape. With affordable housing at a fraction of Melbourne prices and significant investment in the growth of Ballarat, now is a great time to join the City of Ballarat.
The Coordinator Creative City role aims to ensure Ballarat elevates its profile as Australia’s leading regional creative city during this time of significant positive change.
The Coordinator Creative City reports to the Director Development and Planning and will be part of a forward thinking, enthusiastic and inclusive team committed to shaping a vibrant city for the future. The primary focus of the positions is to support the delivery of the Creative City Strategy and the Creative City Master Plan (currently in draft) on behalf of the City of Ballarat. The role aims to further integrate arts and culture into the fabric of Ballarat, to continue the ongoing development of our creative ecology, and to inspire creativity and innovation throughout our city’s industries, organisations and community.
The role is to commence the journey, to realise the Creative City vision for the Ballarat community. Success for the right candidate will be evident by the way the community has leveraged this position to grow its creative industries and infrastructure, enhance local participation in creative opportunities, grow its cultural visitor economy and address artist development, social inclusion and economic growth.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification and or extensive experience in arts or cultural management
- Experience of creating a work culture that leads to motivated and committed staff focused on continuous improvement and service excellence
- Demonstrated experience in leading the arts and culture sector from strategy to delivery
- Demonstrated project management experience within strict timeframes whilst operating with flexibility to changing circumstances
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and conceptually, to develop and manage complex issues, including the development of policy and strategy
- Experience with financial management and successful history of fundraising
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate with clients at all levels of government, the corporate sector, community groups and visitors.
If you are interested in taking on a new challenge and being a part of shaping a city of the future then you are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for this position is midnight Sunday, 18 November 2018.
For further information on this position, please contact Jeff Johnson, Executive Manager Events and the Arts, phone (03)5320 5730.
The City of Ballarat is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.