- Three Temporary, full-time positions
- Salary between $65,383 to $74,638 per annum pro rata plus 9.5% superannuation
We are seeking enthusiastic and suitably qualified team players to join Council’s Statutory Planning Team
The Statutory Planner will assist in the performance of Council’s statutory planning duties and to ensure compliance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, Subdivision Act 1988, the Ballarat Planning Scheme and other related legislation.
These positions will provide efficient and timely assistance and advice in the performance of tasks within the Statutory Planning Unit on a range of planning matters and ensure recommendations and decisions comply with legislative requirements. The position will also ensure the provision of a prompt and courteous service in response to all enquiries relevant to matters administered by the Statutory Planning Unit.
Working at the City of Ballarat, you will be rewarded with flexible working arrangements and work/life balance, attractive salary, study assistance programs, discounted gym memberships and an encouraging and supportive work environment.
Key Selection Criteria
- Recognised tertiary qualification or undertaking recognised planning studies in Town Planning or a related discipline.
- Experience working in the statutory planning field, either in state/local government or private practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Victorian Planning System, including ability to accurately interpret Planning Schemes and the Planning & Environment Act 1987.
- Demonstrated time management skills including ability to successfully manage workloads, set priorities, balance competing demands and meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to interpret plans and write concise and accurate correspondence, including well-structured and reasoned reports and formal advice letters for
- Demonstrated ability in providing a high level of customer service to external stakeholders.
- Effective ability to gain co-operation and understanding from customers and ability to discuss and resolve planning issues in dispute.
- Competent IT skills.
- A current Victorian driver’s licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.
The closing date for this position is: Midnight Sunday 18 November 2018.
For further information on the above position, contact John Ciavarella, Manager Statutory Planning on (03) 5320 5697.
The City of Ballarat is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.