Banyule City Council has an exciting vacancy ready for you to make your mark.
We have an exciting position at Banyule City Council to lead a dynamic team of talented and dedicated communication professionals. The Corporate Communications Coordinator will play a key strategic role for the organisation, ensuring the promotion and enhancement of Banyule’s reputation. In this role you will have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to strengthen Banyule's external and internal communications, particularly in the digital and social media space.
With exceptional leadership skills and experience in strategy development and implementation, you will be collaborating across the organisation on a range of projects, with the help of your passionate team, to effectively achieve your business unit's objectives.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline and/or extensive experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of various forms of communications and engagement for varied audiences with a commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience in developing and leading successful multi-channel communications projects and strategies.
- Leadership experience in a communications role.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective team leader with exceptional people management skills.
- Sound knowledge of social media principles and practices, with the ability to search for solutions to new issues/opportunities.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and public relations/stakeholder engagement skills.
We know you will succeed in this role so we can offer you:
- A leadership position.
- Access to health and well-being initiatives, such as discounted private health insurance.
- Access to our employee assistance program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- RDO every 4 weeks.
- Great work environment, located close to shops and cafes.
- Great learning and development opportunities.
- $103,220 - $115,363 plus super.
If you’re looking for a job that makes a positive impact on the community then apply now.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the ‘apply’ button, you may also contact Gina Burden, Governance and Communication Manager on 03 9490 4260 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our careers page.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 27 July 2017
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.