Banyule City Council is an award winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. We are committed to creating and preserving great places for people to live, work and play.
Our Engineering department has an exciting opportunity for an experienced civil engineer to:
- Lead a dynamic team of five project and transport engineers.
- Manage the delivery of $0.5M of our Capital Works Program, with a strong focus on road safety improvements.
- Provide meaningful strategic and policy guidance on traffic and transport matters.
You will have:
- Experience and ability to lead by example and to motivate and develop team members.
- Several years of experience in traffic and transport engineering, preferably in a Local Government environment.
- At least three years of experience scoping small-scale road infrastructure projects.
We can offer you:
- $89K to $99K plus super, and a day off every 4 weeks.
- Professional development opportunities, including coaching programs, leadership training and study assistance for higher education courses.
- Working in our brand new office in Greensborough close to shops, cafes, and public transport (with a 20% discount in your yearly myki pass).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review the position description via the ‘apply’ button. You can also contact Ana Caicedo, Engineering Services Coordinator, on 9457 9857 for a discussion about the position and your suitability.
When applying please submit your cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description, and your CV. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our careers page.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 21 September 2017
Please note: A psychometric assessment may be part of the recruitment process after interviews.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.