The Community & Social Planning unit provides organisational leadership in social policy work, community engagement and inclusion to the organisation. We work collaboratively and creatively to link social planning, community engagement and inclusion planning perspectives to achieve integrated social, economic and environmental outcomes for the organisation and community.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative community engagement professional to provide policy and strategic direction to Council regarding effective and appropriate community consultation and engagement.
The Senior Advisor Community Engagement aims to:
- Provide leadership, advice and support to Council regarding community engagement, consultation, and evidenced based decisions.
- Provide advice to Council and community stakeholders on strategies for meaningful and appropriate engagement and consultation.
- Develop and support internal and external partnerships to improve community consultation and engagement.
This role is suited for someone who is personable and has highly developed communication skills, both oral and written including advocacy, negotiation and conflict management.
This full time permanent role attracts a salary of $89,100-$99,406 plus super, we have flexible working arrangements, a supportive work environment and we are a passionate organisation.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in health, social sciences community planning or a related field or substantial experience in similar role.
- Program experience to demonstrate achievements, understanding of and commitment to community engagement & consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to gain co-operation of staff, relevant agencies and members of the community and to manage diverse agendas.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Experience in data analysis and use of data to improve program planning.
- Well developed computer skills.
- A current driver’s licence.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the 'apply' button or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Theonie Tacticos, Social Planning Coordinator on 03 9490 4364 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our careers page.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 21 September 2017
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.