Banyule City Council is an award winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. We uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
The Leisure & Cultural Services Unit is a dynamic, innovative and inclusive team which provides high quality services, events and programs to the Banyule Community. We pride ourselves on our ability to work as a highly effective and cohesive team to achieve our shared goals and objectives.
In addition to administering Council’s seasonal ground allocations, the successful candidate will liaise and coordinate with sporting groups and Council Officers, being the major point of contact when sporting groups need to deal with Council. Among other responsibilities, the role also includes maintaining Council’s sports database, fee administration, inspection of facilities, and participation in regional forums.
Our ideal candidate is a team player with great written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage a varied workload. With experience working in leisure, recreation or sports management, and extensive knowledge and understanding of facility planning principals, the successful candidate will also have demonstrated experience in facilitation and consulting with the community.
Key selection criteria
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or at least 2-3 years relevant work experience in Leisure, Recreation or Sports Management.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of the workings of and the needs of sporting groups.
- Experience in recreation and/or sporting facility development.
- Experience and extensive knowledge in seasonal ground allocation processes.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating and consulting with the community.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and independently when required.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the Apply button, or to discuss your suitability we encourage you to contact Melinda Ramsay, Sport & Leisure Team Leader, on 03 9457 9818 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please click Apply and include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines on the Banyule City Council careers page.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Sunday 5 November 2017
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.