Banyule Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
We are currently seeking applications for a passionate and professional degree qualified Early Childhood Educator (Kindergarten Teacher) to join in a temporary part time position, ending on 25th January 2019.
You will ensure the provision of a high quality innovative educational program that meets the individual needs of the children aged from 3 to 5 years old. You will also ensure the care and education program aligns with our Early Childhood Services Philosophy.
We know that you will make a big difference in this role, so we can offer you:
- Ongoing individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training).
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment.
- Access to Council's employee benefits and flexibility.
- Competitive pay rates.
- Opportunity to act in different roles across our diverse services.
- Time in Lieu for out of hours meetings.
- Appropriate resourcing to meet children and staff requirements.
- Other Council opportunities such as participation in expos and festivals.
You will be able to offer us:
- Successful completion of Degree in Early Childhood (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of the National Quality Framework, Education and Care Services National law Act (2010), Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011) and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
- Awareness of the cultural needs of families.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to maintain written records and write.
For more information about these positions please access a copy of the position description on our website. You may contact Kathy de Silva, West Heidelberg Kindergarten Coordinator on 03 9242 3422.
To apply please include your resume and brief cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Please note this is a re-advertisement of (ref: 15534) previous applicants need not apply.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 25 January 2018, with interviews to commence shortly after.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.