The Urban Planning and Building Department aligns urban planning policy with urban planning delivery and incorporates Banyule's Statutory and Strategic Planning Teams including subdivision and planning enforcement. The portfolio also includes Building Services which includes Council's Municipal Building Surveyor and enforcement functions as well a commercial Building Permit Service (Banyule BPi).
The role is based at our new modern office in Greensborough, where you will work in a fast paced environment with a team of experienced and motivated strategic planners working on projects of State significance that will contribute to Banyule and Melbourne's future.
- Develop, monitor and review planning policies, strategies, plans, guidelines and other strategic urban planning tools to link social, economic, cultural and environmental perspectives for desired place-based outcomes.
- Manage projects that enable community perspectives and participation for the future of activity centres, neighbourhoods and other local places and spaces.
- Furthering desired urban and landscape design outcomes for Banyule's places and spaces.
Whats on offer?
- Full time position, with some flexibility for a part time role.
- An attractive $81,372 - $88,466 (pro rata) plus super.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Study assistance opportunities.
- Access to health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Access to green travel initiatives.
- Access to social club events.
What we are looking for from you:
- Recognised tertiary qualification in urban planning or a closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated understanding of state, regional and local urban planning strategies and the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Experience preparing land use and development policies, strategies and plans and planning scheme amendments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex issues with some supervision and proactively consider emerging issues.
- Ability to manage time effectively and projects within budget.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent written skills and oral communication skills.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description on our website, or you can contact David Cox, Strategic Planning Coordinator on 0394579827.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 25 January 2018
Banyule City Council is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.