Banyule City Council is an award winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. Our Urban Planning & Building department incorporates Banyule's Development Planning, Strategic Planning and Municipal Building teams.
An opportunity exists for an experienced arborist to join the Development Planning team. Based at our Greensborough Office, this permanent full time role is a great career opportunity for some who is passionate about the protection and retention of trees and vegetation in our urban and non-urban environs.
Banyule Council highly values the integrity of its Urban Forest and your enthusiasm around its protection is critical in fulfilling this challenging role.
The role facilitates the planning approvals process as it relates to trees and vegetation and would also assist with the enforcement of the Banyule Planning Scheme. This includes assessment of vegetation removal and pruning applications, consideration of the impact of new developments on existing trees, and enforcement of breaches of planning controls and planning permit conditions.
You will have:
- AQF Level 5 or above, Diploma of Horticulture (Arboriculture) and relevant experience
- Proficient understanding of the vegetation protection provisions of the Banyule Planning Scheme, including provisions in relation to enforcement of the Scheme and the Act
- An ability to display empathy and self-awareness and work with others to achieve a mutually agreeable outcome.
- Experience in delivering high quality fast paced service to diverse customers
- A high level of professional and personal integrity
- A high level of proficiency in the Microsoft office suite and industry related software
- Proven experience working accurately and efficiently in the maintenance of records
- A current Drivers Licence
What's on Offer?
- Permanent full time role
- $81,372 - $88,466 plus super
- Rostered day off every 4 weeks and flexible work arrangements
- Great work location, close to shops, cafes and public transport
- Unlock learning and development opportunities
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the 'apply' button. You may contact Jorine Bothma, Team Leader Development Planning on 03 9457 9817 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Please note this is a re-advertised position (ref: 15504) previous applicants need not apply.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 29 January 2018
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply