Our Transport Planning and Advocacy Unit supports Council in planning for the future transport needs of the community as well as promoting and advocating for Transport Projects and improved community outcomes in relation to the North East Link Project.
We have an exciting newly created opportunity for a Transport Engagement and Communications Officer.
In this role you will provide practical and skillful communications support and advice to the organisation on key transport related matters with a particular focus on projects relating to the North East Link project.
You will be working with a small but dynamic team to ensure clear messaging is provided to internal and external stakeholders on Council's advocacy directions. This includes ensuring the community remains well informed on Council's response to the North East Link Authority and other state government agencies activities.
Your ability to build rapport quickly and communicate effectively will be critical in this role.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in all facets of media management including risk and crisis management with the ability to initiate prompt action in matters involving sensitive and complex issues.
- Experience in and strong working knowledge of all aspects of marketing communications (traditional and contemporary).
- Experience in corporate communications including website and e-marketing tools and channels
- Experience in developing and implementing effective communications and engagement strategies that increase the positive profile of organisations and raise public understanding of programs and services.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others within a small team and across organisations.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is desirable.
- Sound understanding of media relations and communications in a government context is desirable.
This role attracts $81,372 - $88,466 (pro rata) plus super and the opportunity for you to be apart of initiatives that have an impact on your community.
This is a temporary position ending in December 2018 with flexible part time arrangements.
We encourage you to find out more about this exciting role click here.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines here.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 19 June 2018
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.