Our Finance and Procurement teams provide accounting, budgeting, financial statement preparation, revenue collection, procurement, payroll and accounts payable functions within Council.
We are seeking a collaborative and effective leader to join us on a job-share arrangement as a Rates Team Leader, working 16 hours per week.
You will lead the Revenue Rates team to ensure the accurate and effective management of Rates, Special Charges and receipting.
You will provide advice and support to Revenue Officers, Customer Service staff, customers and other stakeholders within the specialist areas of Rates and Special Charges.
- Specialist knowledge in Local Government Rating, Local Government legislation and an understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis of relevant budgets, including administration, reporting and reconciliation skills.
- Effective team management skills, including the ability to use initiative and innovation to lead improvement of process and goals of the team.
- Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration or substantial relevant experience in the field of specialist expertise.
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal, advocacy and problem solving skills.
- Experience of and practical use of advanced functions of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work to and achieve deadlines.
- A collaborative approach
The team is supportive, the workplace is beautiful and located close to public transport, shops and cafes. This role attracts $41.18 - $44.77 per hour, plus super.
To find out more about the role please view the position description below, and we encourage you to head to our website.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines on our website.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 6 July 2018
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.