Our Parks and Gardens Department is looking for three suitably qualified Truck Driver/Mowing Hands to join their Parks Maintenance Team.
Banyule City has a wealth of open space and parklands including areas of exotic and native vegetation of historical and environmental importance. The department is responsible for the care and development of over 200 parks and reserves 50 sports field, 163 playgrounds, over 75,000 street trees, extensive shared trail networks, as well as plethora of park furniture and assets that enhance the urban landscape and create a more attractive and liveable environment.
To be successful you will be able to:
- Operate an Out Front Mower.
- Safely use brush cutters, hand mower, chain saw, chipper and hedge trimmers.
- Maintain equipment.
- Have the ability to work well in a team.
- Do basic administration tasks.
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Safely and competently drive vehicles up to 13.9 tonnes GCM with a current Light Rigid driver’s licence.
We are offering:
- Attractive salary range $60,185.79 - $61,522.79.
- Permanent full time 38 hours per week.
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Based at Parks Office, 268-270 Banksia Street, Bellfield 3081
- The ability and capability to work between the hours of 6.30am – 4.30pm.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Paul FitzGerald on mobile 0421709820 for a confidential conversation.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Thursday 20 September 2018.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.