We are seeking an experience Tree Care Coordinator to work with the Park & Gardens Department for a 12 month temporary position.
Banyule City Council lies between 7 and 21 kilometres north east of central Melbourne. Banyule has a wealth of open space and parklands including areas of exotic and native vegetation of historical and environmental importance. The Tree Care Service Unit manages approximately 60,000 street trees, 50,000 park trees in maintained open space areas and 110,000 reserve trees in remnant vegetation stands and native areas of significance.
Under the direction of the Manager Parks and Open Space you will:
- Provide efficient and friendly service to the residents of Banyule in matters concerning Banyule’s Arboricultural and the general operation of the Parks and Gardens Department.
- Undertake the co-ordination and direction of Tree Care Services with the purpose of maintaining and improving the operation.
To be successful you will have:
- Degree or Diploma in Aboriculture / Horticulture or equivalent qualification and related experience.
- Knowledge of Arboricultural theory and practice.
- Leadership experience in managing Arboricultural services in a local Government setting.
- Understanding of the requirements of the Electrical Line Clearance legislation.
- Well-developed communications skills, especially in preparation of reports and presentations.
- Experience in managing, leading and motivating staff.
What’s on offer:
- $92,972.89 – $103,726.22 plus super (pro-rata).
- Rostered day off every 4 weeks.
- Temporary full time contract until 27/09/2019
- Based at Parks & Gardens Office 268 -270 Banksia Street Bellfield.
- 20% discount on your yearly myki pass.
- Access to Learning and Development opportunities and a range of Health and Well-being initiatives such as discounted gym memberships.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below.
To discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Kathy Hynes, Manager Parks and Open Space on 9490 4401 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Wednesday 26 September 2018.
* previous applicants need not reapply.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.