We have an exciting 12 month opportunity in our Human Resources Department (HR) for a talented Organisational Development (OD) Consultant to join us as a result of a maternity leave vacancy.
The Human Resource Department is part of the Corporate Services Directorate and provides strategic and operational advice to the organisation on people management. We adopt a business partnering approach where the team works in partnership with business units providing a range of services and advice including workforce planning, occupational health and safety, risk management, employee relations, recruitment and selection, learning and development initiatives, workforce wellbeing programs and workforce reporting.
Reporting to the Senior Organisational Development Consultant, the OD Consultant will provide HR related advice, support and assistance across the organisation. The focus is on advising, enabling, and supporting line managers and employees, delivering contemporary development programs, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and maximising the potential of the workforce.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience working in a similar HR role.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong systems and project planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to determine customer and stakeholder needs, and to gain their commitment to a range of people management matters and organisational development programs.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, apply and provide advice on employment related legislation.
- Ability to plan, undertake and manage projects from inception to delivery.
- Experience using Learning Management Systems (LMS) to manage and coordinate learning and development initiatives and programs would be advantageous
In return, we can offer you:
- Maternity leave temporary full-time position until 18/01/2020.
- Monthly RDO.
- Access to a range of Council benefits, flexible work arrangements and a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Access to a suite of quality learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Located at our modern Greensborough office, close to public transport and shops.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website – www.banyule.vic.gov.au
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Sunday 11 November 2018
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply