Banyule’s Youth and Community Partnerships Unit is seeking a number of suitably experienced Youth Outreach and Programs Workers to join their passionate and supportive team on a casual basis.
The Youth and Family Services Department at Banyule City Council sits within the Community Programs directorate. It provides a range of services to children, families, young people and community groups within the municipality. These services promote and support health, wellbeing and education and strive to build a connected and safe community.
As the Youth Outreach and Programs Worker you will:
- Staff programs run by the Banyule Youth Service, using appropriate skills and experience, and to assist in programs run by other agencies and organisations in partnership with the Banyule Youth Service.
- Have a presence on the streets of Banyule that offers outreach and support services to Young People and their families, particularly young people deemed to be at risk.
- To make contact with young people in public and private places and promote Banyule’s Youth Services (BYS).
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or extensive life skills experience with a good working knowledge of the youth sector.
- Experience and knowledge in working with young people preferably in an outreach or program/activity setting under appropriate professional guidelines.
- Current drivers licence.
- Flexible availability preferred – a minimum of two afternoons/evenings per month required with the ability to commit to regular shifts.
- Ability to undertake and pass probity checks (WWC & Police) and obtain First Aid qualification.
In return, we can offer you:
- Casual work position.
- An attractive hourly rate $31.56 to $33.56 plus loading.
- Access to a range of Council benefits, flexible work arrangements and a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Access to a suite of quality learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website – www.banyule.vic.gov.au
To discuss your suitability you may contact Lisa Said Youth Outreach Team Leader on 9457 9897 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Sunday 18 November 2018.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.