Banyule has a number of opportunities available for professional and suitably qualified Maternal and Child Health Nurses to join our dedicated team.
- 2 x 12 month maternity leave positions
- Multiple casual reliever positions
Our Maternal and Child Health Service supports families in the areas of parenting, health and development, family health promotion, wellbeing and safety, and helps link families with local communities. This service is offered through 11 Maternal and Child Health Centres across the municipality.
As a Maternal and Child Health Nurse you will apply advanced nursing skills to deliver the universal Maternal and Child Health Service within the guidelines of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development MCH Program Standards, Practice Guidelines, Key Ages and Stages Framework 2009 and Banyule City Council’s Best Value program and corporate values.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of State policy directions including the, Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF) 2016.
- Knowledge of maternal health and wellbeing and issues affecting families.
- Comprehensive understanding of legislation and common law applicable to MCH nursing practice.
- Experience delivering MCH programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly developed skills and competency in child health, development and behaviour.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Competency Standards for the MCHN in Victoria 2010.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a general nurse and midwife.
- Qualifications in Family and Child Health or equivalent.
- Lactation qualifications and Level 2 First Aid is desirable.
- Current drivers licence.
- Current Working With Children Check.
What’s on offer:
- 2 x full time maternity leave12 months contracts (38 hrs per week).
- Multiple casual reliever positions across a number of our sites, hours to be determined.
- Attractive hourly rate starting at $53.87 (Year One) - $56.34 plus super.
- 20% discount on your yearly Myki pass.
- Access to a suite of quality learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
Graduate and experienced Maternal & Child Health Nurses are encouraged to apply.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website – www.banyule.vic.gov.au
We encourage you to contact Sam Nicholson Acting MCH Community Support Coordinator on 9433 7758 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Sunday 31 March 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.