- Embed and lead environmental culture change
- Take charge of a multi-million dollar climate action package
- Organisational and community leadership role
- Fantastic work environment, remuneration and benefits
Banyule City Council has a tremendous opportunity for a high-performing, passionate and strategically-minded professional to lead Council’s Environment Team and drive climate action culture change on a permanent full-time basis.
The Environment Team embeds its sustainable and behaviour-change philosophy across the organisation and throughout the community in addressing issues that relate to climate change, alternate energy sources, stewardship, our biodiversity systems and leads numerous community education programs.
About the role
This role will suit a collaborative and experienced leader who is passionate about championing and embedding sustainable practices within Council’s operations and throughout our community.
You will lead, coach and mentor the Environment Team in the development of environmental strategy and policy, produce guidelines and frameworks, and deliver a multi-million dollar climate action package that leads Council towards a zero emissions profile. Critical to the success of this position is identifying, producing and delivering upon sustainably-focused directions and pathways for the Banyule community.
- An authentic passion for leading environmentally sustainable practices, policy and projects
- A motivated leader, committed to coaching and mentoring and creating a great team culture
- Demonstrated end-to-end project management skills and highly-evolved stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrated experience including tertiary and postgraduate qualifications in an environmental policy, practice or science field
Our staff choose to align their career with Banyule because we offer career and professional development opportunities, flexible working arrangements, a terrific environment and work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
- Salary range $107,706.47 to $120,376.73 plus super
- Flexible working arrangements
- Permanent full time 38 hours, monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough office close to shops, cafes, and public transport
- 20% discount on yearly myki pass
Employment Screening Check - National Criminal Record Check.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website – www.banyule.vic.gov.au
We encourage you to contact James Stirton, Manager Environment and Place Tel: 9457 9840. for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Sunday 5 May 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.