Our dynamic Communications team is looking for a skilled, passionate and experienced social media expert to join them on a permanent full-time basis. In this role your focus will be all things social media. You will help engage thousands of people across many topics by:
- Crafting text and visual content that stands out and connects people with us and one another.
- Managing social media enquiries in a timely and considered way as good customer service is your thing.
- Maintaining the corporate website to create great experiences that support social posts and campaigns.
What we are looking for from you
- Strong experience in social media management, campaign and content development
- Experience with producing high-quality content in a range of communication mediums (video, photography, audio)
- Experience in public relations or a communications discipline
- Qualifications in media or communications related field
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in website maintenance
- Current Victorian driver’s licence
About the team
We’re a collaborative and energetic team who works with all of the numerous and varied teams at Council across a huge array of projects. We love getting things done and are constantly looking to improve our own practice. Delivering great customer experience and promoting and protecting the reputation of the organisation are our highest priorities.
We manage all aspects of communications for Banyule including overseeing our website and social media channels, producing publications and coordinating public relations, marketing and advertising.
What’s on offer?
- A fun and supportive team environment – we back each other up and encourage each person to get the best out of themselves.
- A modern office with sit-stand desks plus plenty of meeting rooms and break-out spaces.
- Access to a discounted gym membership for you to keep healthy.
- Discounted yearly myki passes.
- A great range of learning and development opportunities, including internal coaching and leadership programs, external conferences and training courses.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website – www.banyule.vic.gov.au
If this sounds like the role for you then call 9490 4392 to speak with Luca Verduci, Senior Digital Communications Officer.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Sunday 19 May 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.