- Future focused – city shaping
- Leadership role
- Strategic planning & urban design
- Great work environment and competitive remuneration
Banyule City Council has a unique opportunity for a future-focused, passionate, strategic-orientated professional to lead our strategic planning team as part of our City Futures unit on a permanent full time basis.
The City Futures unit comprises of strategic planning, land use planning, urban design and streetscape design. The team is ultimately responsible for imagining the city’s future state and ensuring that our policy provisions, frameworks and master planning initiatives deliver contemporary, bold and sustainable outcomes.
About the role
This role will suit an experienced strategic planner or urban designer who is passionate about leading projects that activate our activity centres and positively transforms the city’s neighbourhoods, local places and spaces. You will lead a team of talented strategic planning professionals, aligned in delivering significant city-shaping projects. You will have strong project management experience in producing structure plans, urban design frameworks, planning scheme amendments and master plans.
- Authentic passion for strategic planning, urban design and future-focused town planning
- Highly motivated leader, committed to maintaining a terrific team culture
- Tertiary qualifications in strategic planning, urban design, town planning or a closely related discipline
- Project management and stakeholder engagement skills
Staff choose to align their career with Banyule because we offer career and professional development opportunities and work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
- Salary range $94,925.32 to $105,904.47 plus super
- Flexible working arrangements
- Permanent full time 38 hours, monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough office close to shops, cafes, and public transport
- 20% discount on yearly myki pass
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website – www.banyule.vic.gov.au We encourage you to contact Anthony Calthorpe City Futures Coordinator mobile 0438 275 831 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Wednesday 13 November 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.