We have an opportunity for an Inclusive Employment Facilitation Officer to join the Social Enterprise and Local Jobs Team on a temporary full time basis.
The Social Enterprise & Local Jobs team bring innovative approaches to local employment opportunities in Banyule through the development of social enterprises and labour market programs.
As the Inclusive Employment Facilitation Officer you will:
- Support the delivery of Banyule’s Inclusive Local Jobs strategy and Economic Development Plan, creating local job and participation pathways for the municipality’s most vulnerable communities in partnership with local businesses and employment service providers
- Coordinate and deliver Council-led labour market facilitation initiatives including Banyule’s external Inclusive Employment partnerships, communications and events
These initiatives will be focused on providing employment opportunities for the four diversity groups identified in Banyule’s Inclusive Local Jobs Strategy, that is -
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders;
- Culturally and linguistically diverse people, including refugees and asylum seekers;
- People living with a disability; and
- Young people at risk of disengagement (aged 16-25).
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline e.g. Community Development, Employment Services, Business Development with experience in supporting labour market initiatives for people facing barriers to employment, or lesser qualifications with substantial relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating programs, events and ability to manage the delivery of marketing communications across a range of platforms
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships to influence and negotiate desired outcomes with internal and external stakeholders
- Specialist and contemporary knowledge of business recruitment, labour market issues, future jobs growth and associated programs at the local, state and commonwealth programs
- Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of the issues facing small businesses and traders associations
- Demonstrated commitment to access and equity, and specialist knowledge of diversity groups, including their barriers to employment, community challenges and differences in cultural backgrounds and value systems
We can offer:
- $84,825.51 - $92,220.59 plus super
- Monthly RDO
- Fixed term to June 2022
- Great team environment
- Learning and development opportunities including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough office close to shops, cafes, and public transport
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Jane Nixon, Local Jobs Team Leader on 9457 9986 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below
Applications Close 11.59pm on Saturday 7 December 2019.
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with a disability, and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged.