We have a great career opportunity for a Traffic and Transport Engineer to join the Transport Department on a permanent basis.
As the Traffic and Transport Engineer you will investigate and resolve traffic and transport issues raised by the community and internal & external stakeholders. You will also manage the delivery of small to medium-scale traffic and transport projects, seeing them from start to completion.
You will have:
- Completed studies in Civil Engineering or equivalent Engineering qualification recognised by the Institution of Engineers, Australia and experience in traffic and transport or civil engineering field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to undertake significant consultations which are complex and sensitive.
- Proven ability to prepare and review traffic management plans.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and deliver projects in an effective and efficient manner.
- Understanding of relevant guidelines, standards, regulations and Acts relating to traffic and transport.
We can offer you:
- $69 817.89 to $80,881.66 plus super.
- Permanent full time and monthly RDO.
- 20% discount in your yearly myki pass.
- Access to Learning and development opportunities and a range of Health and Well-being initiatives.
- Greensborough location close to shops, cafes, and public transport.
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Gourav Mongia - Traffic & Transport Team Leader on 9490 4505 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Tuesday 21 July 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.