- Parks & Open Space role
- Permanent Full time
- Fortnightly RDO
Banyule City Council is an award winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. We uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
Our Parks and Gardens is responsible for the care and development of over 200 parks and reserves 50 sports field, 163 playgrounds, over 75,000 street trees, extensive shared trail networks, as well as plethora of park furniture and assets that enhance the urban landscape and create a more attractive and liveable environment.
About the role
This position will undertake duties relevant to Park asset / furniture maintenance throughout the City’s Parks and Gardens, to ensure programmed and requested works are completed to specifications and to provide support to other areas of the Parks and Buildings Department.
- Carry out routine installation, maintenance, servicing, and repairs on Councils Park Assets, seating, fencing, pathways etc.
- Undertake scheduled inspections of Park Assets and furniture and assist in the preparation of maintenance reports.
- Assist other staff in general Horticultural and landscape construction duties.
- Relevant experience in the field of carpentry / general maintenance.
- Experience driving vehicles over 4.5 tonnes GCM to 13.9 tonnes GCM
- Experience of safe operation of power tools associated with carpentry
- Experience in the operation of small mowers, weedeaters, edgers, chainsaws and other small machinery.
- Drivers Licence
- $63,446.98 plus super
- Permanent full time 38 hours per week
- 9 day fortnight
- Learning and development opportunities and health and wellbeing initiatives
- Based in Bellfield/Heidelberg
Screenings: Pre-employment Functional Assessment Check.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website – www.banyule.vic.gov.au
We encourage you to contact Brett Jose on 0466932451 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Sunday 14 March 2021
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.