- A chance to be part of the Women Building Surveyors Program in one of 40 positions across Victoria
- Balance study commitments with on the job training
- Choose your academic pathway through Professional or Para-Pathway options with all course fees paid
Banyule BPi offers services for building permits, inspections within Banyule and outside of the Municipality. The Building team also provide statutory services, dispensations and variations, information services to the community and private builders, specialist building consulting and quality inspections.
- Undertake two years of study in Building Surveying (course fees paid)
- Gain on the job experience outside with Banyule BPi and the Building team
- Contribute to an effective building permit service, assisting Building Surveyors in the implementation of all Acts and Regulations under the Building Regulations 2006 as authorised by Council (including assisting with assessment of plans and issuing of Building Permits).
- Provide information and assistance to the community including clients in regards to policies and legislation, including; Building Control responsibilities of Council and Building Regulations.
Other desirable criteria:
- Related experience in building sector, administration or customer service roles
- Ability to work autonomously, setting priorities and managing own time in order to achieve allocated tasks within defined timeframes and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with other staff and external customers
- Current Victorian driver’s license
Whats on offer?
- $64,808.64 to $68,813.45 pro rata plus super
- Temporary part time 24 hours per week
- April 2021 to June 2023
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and well-being initiatives
- Greensborough location close to shops, cafes, and public transport
- Flexible work arrangements
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Joel Elbourne Manager Planning and building on 9457 9874 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Tuesday 16 March 2021
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.