Ready to take on the next challenge in your career?
If you are excited to develop and promote sustainable growth, investment, continuous improvement and business development within Banyule, this is the opportunity for you.
We have a full time Business Concierge Officer position available in response to Council’s COVID-19 Community and Business Support Package to assist start-up and exisiting businesses navigate the permit approvals process.
You will be Council’s central customer service point for businesses and have the responsibility of improving the customer experience by delivering a streamlined permit approval process including coordinating the internal referral system. You will also support the Economic Development Team with key administrative tasks.
You will also join our Economic Development Team, which leads policy, strategy and projects that support business and contribute to the sustainable growth of the city.
What we are looking for
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, e.g. Economic Development and/or business administration/customer service, with experience in supporting small businesses
- Knowledge and appreciation of the issues facing small business, trader associations and home-based businesses
- A strong understanding of Council permits, policy and processes
- Strong customer service and continuous improvements focus
- Excellent computer skills, with an understanding of Data base management / CRM systems, Records Management (CM9/TRIM), Website management, Social media applications; and the Microsoft suite, including Microsoft Teams and Outlook
- Negotiation skills to formulate practical solutions to complex issues and problems
We can offer
- Salary range $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 plus super
- Temporary full time Setember 2023
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work environment
- Greensborough office location
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
Want to know more about this position? We recommend you access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability contact Michelle Isherwood Coordinator Economic Development Tel: 9497 9938 for a for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 8 August 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.