Banyule’s Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
Morobe Street Children’s Centre and St Hellier Street Children's Centre are looking for a Certificate III Early Childhood Educator to join their team on a temporary basis to provide Inclusion Support in the Pre-Kinder room and Kinder room.
You must be reliable, motivated, have a genuine interest in children, excellent communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a team.
You will need:
- Certificate III Early Childhood Services
- Current level 2 First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate
- Criminal History Check- not more than 6 months old (Mandatory)
- Working With Children Check (Mandatory)
- Knowledge of the National Quality Framework, Education and Care Services National Law Act (2010), Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011) and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
- Awareness of the cultural needs of families
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to maintain written records and write reports relating to program goals and child developmen
- COVID Vaccinated
We can offer you:
- Salary range $60,984.49 to $64,254.96 plus super (pro-rata)
- Based at Morobe St Child Care Centre - Wednesday & Thursdays and St Hellier Child Care Centre - Fridays
- Ongoing learning & individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training)
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment
- Heidelberg location
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Raj Kaur Tel: 9459 8998 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 24 October 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.