- Part time Diploma qualified Early Childhood Educator role available at our Morobe Street Children’s Centre
Banyule Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
About the Role
We are looking for team oriented Early Childhood Educators - diploma qualified to join the Early Years team on part time basis to work at our Morobe Street Childrens Centre.
You will ensure the provision of a high quality innovative educational program that meets the individual needs of the children aged from birth to 6 years. You will ensure the care and education program aligns with the Early Childhood Services Philosophy.
- Early Childhood Qualification as recognised under Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011 – Diploma
- Current Level 2 First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate, with updates completed within the last 12 months
- Criminal History Check- not more than 6 months old (Mandatory)
- Working with Children Check (Mandatory)
- Experience in a child care service (preferred)
- Understanding of the Education & Care Services National Law Act 2010, Education & Care Services National Regulations 2011and the National Quality Framework & Standards
- Current COVID Vaccination
What you will need
- An awareness of the cultural needs of families
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- The ability to maintain written records and write reports relating to program goals and child development
- Salary range $64,808.64 to $68,813.45 pro rata plus super
- Temporary until November 2022
- 32 hours per week
- Ongoing individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training)
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment
- Based at Morobe St Child Care Centre Heidelberg
Employment Screening Checks National Criminal Record Check, Pre-employment Medical Check, Working With Children Check
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, contact Raj Kaur Tel: 9459 8998 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. www.banyule.vic.gov.au/careers
Applications Close 11.45pm on Sunday 24 October 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.