Banyule's Operations Department is looking for a suitably experienced Waste Recovery Centre Supervisor to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the waste recovery station, waste transport operations and staff.
At the Waste Recovery Centre the community can dispose of general and green waste for a fee. This is a permanent full time position and is based at our Operations Depot in Bellfield.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to organisational values and the Code of Conduct, act professionally at all times
- Organisational skills and ability to plan your own work, and the team you are responsible for
- Experience in the receipt of and handling of monies at the point of sale
- Experience in frontline customer management including conflict resolution
- Sound computer and systems skills
- Sound communication skills and ability to listen to, and consider different ideas and discuss issues credibly and thoughtfully
- The ability to develop positive relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment.
It is essential that you are:
Competent and licenced to:
- Drive a Class HR vehicle
- Either a Heavy Combination (HC) vehicle or HR licence and capacity to obtain HC licence within 2 months of commencement
- Operate Forklift or capacity to obtain competency within 2 months of commencement
- Operate backhoe/front end loader or capacity to obtain competency within 2 months of commencement
- Competent in undertaking routine maintenance on machinery and mobile plant
- Available to work weekends & public holidays on a regular rostered bases
Pre Employment screenings - National Criminal Record Check, Pre-employment Functional Assessment Check & Medical Check, Working With Children Check and Evidence of COVID vaccination.
In return, we are able to offer you:
- An attractive salary of $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 plus super
- A RDO each fortnight
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym memberships
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below. To discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Andrew Croft, Waste Management Coordinator 03 9490 4589 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on: Sunday 28 November 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply