Our Open Space Planning and Design unit is looking for a suitably qualified Landscape Architect to join their Team on a temporary full time basis.
The Open Space Planning and Design team works collaboratively across Council to create well maintained, liveable open spaces where Banyule’s local character and environment is protected and enhanced. They are responsible for strategic planning, design and development of Council’s public realm such as parks, reserves, playgrounds and trail networks as well as associated park furniture and assets that improve the urban and natural landscape.
In this role you will provide specialist landscape architecture expertise in the design, development, and maintenance of high quality open space and urban environments in Banyule. You will also assist in the delivery of open space capital works projects in accordance with the Banyule Management System including the design and delivery of Council’s annual play space renewal program and Park Refreshes.
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience in landscape and play space design
- Several years’ experience in detailed design and documentation, construction and project management
- Tertiary qualification in Landscape Architecture or similar discipline
- Experience in relevant design software including computer aided design (AutoCAD) and graphics software packages
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to supervise others
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current working with children check
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
We are offering:
- Attractive salary $86,182.74 to $93,969.04 plus super
- Temporary full time March 2022 to March 2023 plus monthly RDO
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough Office location
Culture: Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, contact Robyn Mitchell Coordinator Open Space and Strategic Projects on 0466 945 711 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Sunday 30 January 2022.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.